This is a very easy recipe that is also wallet-friendly, but it works great in just 15 minutes. With its sautéed garlic and shrimp paste aroma perfectly matching the smell of just-cooked rice, this lightly stir-fried zucchini in olive oil is as delicious as it gets. Let’s make this no-frills, everyday Korean side dish, which can pair easily with any kinds of food.
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 7 min
Yield : Makes 3 servings as side dish
– 1 good sized-zucchini, 1/4 onion
– 1t chopped garlic, 2T olive oil, 1t shrimp paste, 1/2T chopped scallion(optional), 1/2T sesame oil, 1/2T sesame seed, a pinch of salt and pepper
1. Thinly slice zucchini into circle shape and cut half to make them half-moon shape.
2. Thinly slice onion and set aside with zucchini.
3. Heat large pan for 30-40 seconds or until hot and add olive oil, followed by sliced zucchini and onion with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir fry vegetable for 2 minutes and add shrimp paste then keep stirring another 2-3 min.
4. Add garlic and scallion to the mixture and lower heat to medium heat and keep stirring for 1 minute. Add sesame oil and quickly stir the mixture. Turn off the heat and sprinkle sesame seed. Serve immediately.
Above-pictured zucchini stir-fry, sautéed mushrooms and shrimp with garlic and white wine were my dinner menu tonight, with a bowl of white rice. I will share the recipe of the other two dish with you in my next post, so stay tuned!