I made this chocolate yogurt muffin for my daughter’s 10th birthday class party and it really rocked. (of course, helped by whipping cream added on top)! Kids loved this chocolate muffin made with flavorful yogurt and chocolate chip added double joy!
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 20 min at 170 Celsius(Convection oven)
Yield : 10~12 muffins
– All purpose flour 130g, cocoa powder 25g (or 45mil), butter 100g, sugar 100g, 2 eggs, plain yogurt 150g, chocolate chip 110g, vanilla extract 5g, baking powder 6g, salt 3g
1. In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter (room temperature) and sugars and make them creamy a couple of times for about 3-4 min.
3. Add egg yolks and whites one by one so that they mix well into the batch. Add vanilla extract.
4. Add 1/3 dry ingredients to the wet mixture 4 and mix toward vertical direction
5. Then add plain yogurt little by little (about 1/3 batch each) and mix well . Combine the remaining 2/3 dry mixture and stir gently and just until the flour is incorporated. Do not over stir. Add chocolate chips.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake at 170C (Convection oven) for about 20 min(I did exact 22 min) in the preheated oven.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the muffins from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Tips: If there are too much wet ingredient(yogurt or milk), muffins will fall apart, losing the texture.