Recently, I’ve made so many chocolate chip muffins, which are undoubtedly delicious. But I want something different to try this time and this yummy sweet potato muffins were a huge hit with family.
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 20 min at 170C (convection oven)
Yield : 12 muffins
– 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, all purpose flour 210g, butter 100g, sugar 130g, 2 eggs, 100g plain yogurt, vanilla extract 6g, baking soda 2g, baking powder 8g, salt 2g
Method : This recipe is adapted from the book whose the author runs this website “https://blog.naver.com/asy1347551”. Her recipe is amazing, only if you can read Korean, though.
1. Bake sweet potatoes for 7 minutes in oven . Cut one and half sweet potatoes as square cm size and half of one as shown in the picture.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugars and make them creamy and beat in the eggs until combined (we used stand mixer).
4. Add vanilla extract to the above batch. Beat until combined well.
5. Combine 1/3 dry ingredient into wet mixture. Stir gently and just until the flour is mixed incorporated.
6. Add 1/2 plain yogurt and combine with a mixer at a low setting.
7. Add all the remaining dry ingredient to the mixture and stir gently, don’t over stir.
8. Add remaining 1/2 of plain yogurt and stir well with a mixer.
9. Gently mix the prepared sweet potatoes with the prepared batch.
10. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake on center rack at 170C (onvection oven) for about 20 minutes .
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the muffins from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
This delicious yet healthy sweet potato muffins will give enough boost for the endless activity of your little ones! I can’t wait to see my kids’ smile when they are back from school.