This is our go-to bread at home with its easy recipe and delicious taste. Kids enjoy this bread as their school snack(without walnuts) while I enjoy this as afternoon tea cake with a cup of camomile tea.
Prep Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 55 minutes (170C at convection setting)
Yield : 1 loaf
– 2-3 ripe bananas(2 if big, 3 if small), all purpose flour 260g, butter 120g, brown sugar 140g, 2 eggs, 120g plain yogurt, walnut 70g, chocolate chip 80g (dark and semi-sweet), vanilla extract 1 tsp, baking soda 1/2 tsp, baking powder 2 tsp, salt 1/4 tsp
1. In a medium size bowl, mash bananas until creamy and set aside.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter (room temperature) and sugars and make them creamy and beat in the eggs until combined (we used stand mixer) followed by vanilla extract.
4. Add half of plain yogurt and the mashed bananas to wet mixture. Beat until combined and mix with half of dry ingredients.
5. Then add remaining half of plain yogurt and the mashed bananas to the mixture. And add rest of the half dry ingredients and stir gently, just until the flour is mixed incorporated. Do not over stir. And add chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake on center rack at 170C convection oven for about 55 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.